Blue Screening

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

radjeebus
OFc Member / Legal services
OFc Member / Legal services

Blue Screening

My damn pc has taken to giving me the friendly old BSOD tonight, for no apparant reason. Hadn't made any changes to my system before it started, apart from downloading the latest Java update which I have since uninstalled. Since then, if I load up Vista normally, it will BSOD again after about 5 minutes, if I'm using it or if it's sitting there doing nothing (I close any programs that run at startup such as xfire, quicktime etc). I've tried running Avast! in safemode and it has detected no viruses, and in safemode it doesn't crash.

Any suggestions? When it goes to the Blue Screen, it says dumping physical memory or something along those lines and then resets automatically after about 5 seconds.

Cheers in advance, Jeebs

Oh, and this couldn't come at a worse time really; I've got a 3 hour exam tomorrow morning, then I've got to sort out uni stuff for next semester and then pack to go to Norway for 2 weeks on Saturday, and I really wouldn't like to have to come back to a broken pc.
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I beat you with until you remember I'm in charge.
Gavac220

boot into safe mode and do a 'system recovery' mate. Straight forward enough. :)