Is this normal..?

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Fabz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Is this normal..?

Hello!

The other day I was playing CSS and then all of a sudden my computer tower started to become really loud-sounded as if the fans were going faster. It has only been happening the last few days. Any ideas on what is going on? Old age perhaps?

Thanks in advance,
Fabz
SimplyMe
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Is this normal..?

Hey Fabz . As u describe it it may be smtg wrong with your fan/fans. It may only be dust stuck on it.
Same happen to my laptop and it was very annoying to hear it all the time so i said f..k it and took
a screwdriver and started to take my laptop to pieces. It was so much dust on the fan that took me a good amount of time to clean it.
this is the cheapest option but u might find out that is smtg else wrong and u have to replace your fan.
good luck.
JohnMcClane

This may sound stupid, but check all your fan blades are on the fans. I had a cpu heatsink with a lose one so when I powered up it flew off and unbalanced the fan (also take a look at your PSU fan, thats the loudest thing on my PC)

Alternatively you could be running hot. Do you have speedfan or anything installed so we can get an idea of your temps?
smithster
Regular
Regular

dunno what mobo you got but mine speeds up the fans according to temp so if yours in capable of doing this and your pc is running hot the fans might be speeding up because of that!
Fabz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for the replies, maybe this weekend I'll do some spring cleaning on my fans :)
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

just be glad you dont have Icon's fans on your comp.

fecker sounds like he's playing in de choppah
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I thought he was a dentist - doing the familys teeth while he played!
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Tie back all the cables. It significantly helps air flow internally through the case.