BSOD

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

BSOD

:evil: Bloody computers!

I have recently reinstalled windows and now when the hard drive is under high load i get a BSOD. I have attachted the dump files (Apparently that is what i am meant to do looking at other forums :?: )

http://www.2shared.com/file/6523900/7f5 ... tsn32.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/6523902/915f3d83/user.html

I have a feeling it might be the hard drive dying but i hope not :(

Cheers :(
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: BSOD

Picture of said BSod....-

Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Cheers bullet, will give that a go.

Before i saw your post, i had another blue screen. I forgot to take a photo, but it said something about Atapi.sys?
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I think thats hard driver drivers. ATA. You tried putting latest mobo drivers on your machine?
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

MudShark wrote:I think thats hard driver drivers. ATA. You tried putting latest mobo drivers on your machine?
I had come to that conclusion.... I think some bloody idiot had installed the wrong ones! :oops: :oops: Found the CD that come with it now, all is (Fingers crossed!) good!

The problem with getting the latest ones is that Nvidia no longer list the chipset on there site :roll: It is a NForce 4 A939....
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

All I would just say, first of all to save some time, just make sure the power leads ( molex pins ) on the drives arent damaged in anyway, and the pins on the ATA drive cable is not damaged either and are securely fitted. You dont want to get a new drive or spend ages looking up drivers, if its a cable fault, thats developed from changing drives a few times. These can cause blue screen errors when cables are damaged and move slightly in the case as they get warm etc. Perhaps try other cables first...

It might not be the above, but its what I would check first if you have not already.

The hard drive might or should be under warranty, so check that too, as would the RAM... just double check the RAM and CPU is correctly seated as well.

GL.
recruit
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

The Techno Scotsman!

www.sinweb.co.uk
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

It was acctually a Bad hard drive. I had noticed that it was everytime i installed Arma up to a certian point - BSOD. CRC Errors ect... Utterly fucked!

Ordered a New Hard Drive (Larger and a Sata one :D ) and just installed it - Windows is running perfect, No BSOD, All is good.

Now to play Arma 2!
Exibit
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin

Glad to hear that you found the issue, BSOD can be a pain to identify without removing bits from your pc

I had the same issue and it turned out to be 1 faulty stick of ram out of the 4 sticks installed

Exib 8)
A Dog Is For Life
Not Just A Friday
Night