Virtulisation

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Stueh
Regular
Regular

Virtulisation

Recently found Virtual Pc 2007. Looks pretty good. My question to you are the VHD's transferable to the likes of VMware (or what ever its called?) or is it fresh install time?
recruit
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Virtulisation

You would think but no it would seam that they are not... for me anyway.

Anyway Virtual PC is pish, Microsoft[Nothing against them] hypervisor is good but pretty out of debth compared to rest.. sam vmware or Xen.
The Techno Scotsman!

www.sinweb.co.uk
mendoza
Newcomer
Newcomer

Been using Sun VirtualBox lately for my IE6 test machine, works really well, has a desktop hybrid mode (so virtual apps float over your normal desktop) and supports x64.
JazzyJay
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

mendoza wrote:Been using Sun VirtualBox lately for my IE6 test machine, works really well, has a desktop hybrid mode (so virtual apps float over your normal desktop) and supports x64.
Virtualbox kicks ass :) Runs everything - Linux, Windows (XP, Vista, 7), FreeBSD etc.
> ... so you found a deal seal and it was wearing a penoir?!
>> That's ludicrous, we put the penoir on it.
Stueh
Regular
Regular

Cheers for the advice guys, ill look into Vbox for my laptop :)
recruit
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Just now I'm installing vmware esxi 4.0 on a BL20p Gen4 HP blade, its an opteron 3Ghz chip and I have no idea how its going to handle vms. I've never used any amd chips in the work place but some peopl swear by them for performance vs buck. Anyone have any experiance of amd server chips? If so how do they preform to intel in relation to virtulisation?
The Techno Scotsman!

www.sinweb.co.uk