Accounts

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Accounts

Hey, Im looking for software for windows that will let me create a different account for each company dealt with and will compile the invoices automagically at the end of each month, Looking for serious answers here, no REAL budget so to speak, but not talking 000's hopefully.
Any ideas? if you need more info just ask
Tempest
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Accounts

Have you looked at MYOB yet? Definately avoid SAP :twisted:
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

No not yet, I had an aunt who worked for SAP and she said the exact same thing. Ill check it out tomorrow!
JazzyJay
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Just some posts I've seen on a mailing list:

http://blog.worldlabel.com/2009/creatin ... ceorg.html
http://www.simpleinvoices.org/
http://www.phpaccounts.com/
http://agileco.com/agilebill-open-sourc ... ftware.htm

In case it's not a need for a corporate solution, you may be OK with an open source solution.

JJ
> ... so you found a deal seal and it was wearing a penoir?!
>> That's ludicrous, we put the penoir on it.
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

It is a corporate solution I need, unfortunately. Its for a friend of mine. but Ill take a look at the links too, I just have alot on my plate ATM between this and other things, but thanks for the help.
^Stueh
Regular
Regular

or you can get a developer to write a program specific to your company/needs...
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

not QUITE that corporate. Its a personal business, so really, cheap if not open source will do I suppose. Not looking for High-tec solutions just somethign taht does what it says on the tin and isnt terribly complicated.
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

Wouldn't Microsoft Office Access do the job you want?

You can create a table storing information on the companies and use the report feature to make nice reports for you

Simple solution if thats the kind of thing you need
Desmond A.K.A UltimateSlinky
Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67 GHz)
768 MB RAM
nVidia Gefore FX 5200 (Yea that's a bad system setup but I can play CSS with no problems)
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

accidentaly ended up with Sage peachtree, way to complicated for what was necessary, luckily Im testing them out first. Im not too big on the terms, so dont know what package I need from MYOB< so not too sure about that. looking at the links Jaz, the openoffice one seems like a good idea, the simple invoices idea seems brilliant, PHP accounts is a good one too, not too sure about the other one, I had a quick look. bearing in midn this guy isnt computer literate, it needs to be practically point and click.

Slinky, Thats what one of the links that jazzy had given me did, the openoffice one, Im not too up to date on all this kind of stuf, tahts why I asked you, cos I got asked by a friend.
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

jazzy, I think the simpleaccounts one is what is needed. IM sorry to ask this, but I havent a CLUE on how to set it up, can anyone help me out here? :S
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

groinshot wrote:accidentaly ended up with Sage peachtree, way to complicated for what was necessary, luckily Im testing them out first. Im not too big on the terms, so dont know what package I need from MYOB< so not too sure about that. looking at the links Jaz, the openoffice one seems like a good idea, the simple invoices idea seems brilliant, PHP accounts is a good one too, not too sure about the other one, I had a quick look. bearing in midn this guy isnt computer literate, it needs to be practically point and click.

Slinky, Thats what one of the links that jazzy had given me did, the openoffice one, Im not too up to date on all this kind of stuf, tahts why I asked you, cos I got asked by a friend.
Ahh, So point and click applications... Im not sure of any but coded in PHP would work brill just make sure its secure
Windows XP Pro SP2
768 MB RAM
nVidia Gefore FX 5200 (Yea that's a bad system setup but I can play CSS with no problems)
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

as I said the simpleaccoutns would be perfect, btu I haventa c lue how to set it up Lol
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Okay, IM slowly getting there. I have a WAMP server set up (I think) and its using MySQL, so I can get to MySQL from my Firefox browser (woo!)
I create a new folder in C:\WAMP\www entitled simpleinvoices, so I get C:\WAMP\www\simpleinvoices

then the instructions tell me to enter my connection details there...... but I havent a clue what my connection details are. where do I get them etc?
UltimateSlinky
Newcomer
Newcomer

Im making a quick vid for you to setup an MySQL account

EDIT: Heres a vid on setting um an account, You can then uses this information in whatever your trying to run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG2vrYVmsqk
Windows XP Pro SP2
768 MB RAM
JazzyJay
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Hit me on MSN "rumcajz@hotmail.com" or skype "djrumcajz" and I will be happy to help you to set it up, in case you've havent figured out yourself.

You'd probably need to create a DB and a user - perhaps your WAMP comes with phpMyAdmin.

JJ
> ... so you found a deal seal and it was wearing a penoir?!
>> That's ludicrous, we put the penoir on it.