WTF!

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

WTF!

21:15 - finished watching Qually for Brazilian GP - decides to play some Counter Strike - S1 is hoppin' so I double click on the server in my server list and....."Do you want to install this game?" WTF? I switch to my games list and CSS is down at the bottom - Ready to install! You're havin' a laff?

Tried deleting clientregistry.blob and rebooting but it's adamant. I need to install it! FEK!
Now at about 8%. What the fuk happened? The only action that's been happening to that drive is I copied about 1 gig of holiday photos onto it today. Still over 30 gig spare on that drive. I'm confused!
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Dannyf
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: WTF!

Think this nearly happened to me a while back as well. Same situation, was about to join server but was told game was not installed, except I was also told I would have to PURCHASE the game!! 8O :evil:

Thankfully when I restarted my computer and logged back into Steam all was back to normal but I was pissed off at the time! Haven't trusted Steam since!
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

are we sure this isnt a booze related problem?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Aye the reek of a Gin induced Fail is pretty overpowering !! :P

you dident put your holiday snaps in the Steamapps folder did you Muddington ? :roll:
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

I have had this happen to be once. It is where the registry blob file gets completely borked and upsets parts in the registry I think. It happend to me during a failed update or when HL crashed, one of the two. I couldnt close steam down in the process and had to terminate the application. I then tried what you did Mudster and it had no effect. So in the end, what I did, was just rename the cstrike folder to cstike_old and then re-installed the game and then just copied over maps, textures and sounds etc etc to the new dir. A bit of a pain to say the least, so I do sypathise.... :(
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Well is installed again now - took a few hours. I've now backed up my CSS files just in case.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Bullet wrote:This is exactly the reason why I buy the CDs, as solid proof that I own the game.
E-reciepts suck when they get deleted, and you have no proof that you paid for the game.
I just print em out.
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Bullet wrote:this is exactly the reason why I buy the CDs, as solid proof that I own the game.
E-reciepts suck when they get deleted, and you have no proof that you paid for the game.
This is exactly why I infringe the copyright on games by bit torrenting them , who says there's no such thing as a free lunch .
Illegitimi non carborundum