Saved Games.

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Saved Games.

Alright lads i am just about to do that compleate Re format at last and i got a quick question for your combined knowlage :wink:

After every re format i am getting pretty sick of losing all my saved game positions and having to start the games from scratch again :(

so is there any way i can find the saved game files,what files do i look for in the game folder ? Ie: G:/program files/Fallout 3/ ? save them to an external Hdd and copy the files back once i have re formatted and reinstalled the game ? and will the game resume from where i left off ?

The saved game files i really want to keep are CoD 4 & 5 and Fallout 3,

Help............
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Saved Games.

i think theres a saved games folder for fallout in your default xp "my games" directory, I know there was for oblivion.

dont know about the codpieces though
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Dunno about your game but for Men of war, saved files are in "My documents"..
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Some games save to your documents folder, some to the public documents folders and others, mainly older games, in there own directory were they're usualy in a folder named 'saves' or something simular. You'll have to do a bit of manual searching but they should be easy to identify. Just remember where they came from and put them back in the same directory when you reinstall (and update/install DLC to what you had before) and all should be fine.
There is also something for Steam called SteamCloud which allows you to back up save games to your account and download them later. I don't think it works for all steam games and I'm not sure how you go about doing it but if you've got games on there it might be worth looking in to.

I'll check and update on where Fallout 3 and COD4 save to when I get home.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Mad_Skier
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

C:\Documents and Settings\<your_profile>\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3
F:\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<your_profile>\save

I don't have Cod5 but I guess they'll also be in the game's install location. I've got all my games on an F:\ partition so obviously go to wherever you installed yours.

When I do a reformat I find it's useful to back up the entirety of C:\Documents and Settings\<your_profile>. There's quite a lot of stuff in there that's useful to retain. BF2 profiles for a start! It's a pain in the arse having to redo all of the key bindings.
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Cheers lads i will look at it on sunday if i get any peace !! :roll:
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
Thundercat
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Dunno if you know or not but you can also backup all the steam games so you dont have to redownload them.

http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wik ... up_Feature
http://www.youtube.com/user/71Thunderous
New youtube channel (I fecked up my old one)