Wanted graphics card

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Die_Doggy_Die
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Wanted graphics card

Hey guys

My system needs new graphics. I have the XfX 750SLi motherboard running a Q6600 with 4Gb of RAM. I wanna upgrade my graphics and have the option of either one nice GPU or 2 run in SLi. I don't even wanna hear anyone mention Radeon cards, it's Nvidia all the way for me boys! Any suggestions? Ideally I don't wanna spend any more than £150 in total. Advice please
I play the game for the game's own sake.
Gavac220

Re: Wanted graphics card

ATi HD series! More power for your bucks - simple.

(Never mentioned Radeon :P )
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

i would buy a good single card and use the old one as physx card.

but if i remember the actuell ati cards are really good for a nice price.

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

sorry Doggy but i have to agree with gav here, at the moment ATI make the best GPU's, i was a Nvidia man all the way till i had to change my GPU in order to get the latest games to run on this old rig, and i was on a £150 budget also. after a bit of reserch i found the best card on the market for £150 is one of these:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1515

and thats the card i am running now, no issues at all and its got a fair bit of grunt as i can run games maxed out ! Whoot ! aa)
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I have the 5850

its throbbingly good

can run battlefied at max specs and doesnt even break 50 degress
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
jackDEFECTORbauer
Regular
Regular

I upgraded my vid card recently, was waiting to see what nvidia's new fermi cards were like. Went for a radeon 5870 in the end as fermi runs too hot and sucks a hell of a lot of juice. Radeons are definately best value at the moment unless money is no object for you (not just the card cost, but your power bills too)
Stern
Regular
Regular

lol Doggy....your Nvidia enthusiasm just got cornholed =P

Have to agree with everyone else in all seriousness. Best bang for buck is without a doubt in the Radeon range. As much as I like Nvidia too...I just can't warrant spending those kind of prices on such a meager upgrade when looking at the ATI chip alternatives.
-
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...