Amnesia The Dark Descent

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

asmega
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Amnesia The Dark Descent

a scary survival horror with no weapons
worth getting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loSzpvq7 ... r_embedded
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Amnesia The Dark Descent

If your the type to get scared by horror films you might like it. I played it for 20 minutes , thought it was shite and never palyed it again. We did listen to Semper playing it (he stayed in ts3 while playing for some reason?) and he screamed like a woman.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I wanted some morale support.. which I didn't get.. :p
Ftang
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

There is a demo on steam I think if you want to try it out

It can be a great game given the right conditions and mind set. At the start of the game it'll tell you the ideal conditions to play the game in (darkened room, headset to block out all outside sound etc.) and I recommend you follow them. Amnesia doesn’t rely on cheap scares with things jumping out at you but more on building a tense atmosphere and playing on your imagination. So any distractions that can pull you out of the game will ruin the experience for you.

My biggest scare came from nothing. I’d been bumbling about for the best part of half hour working on one of the puzzles. Nothing much had happened, just a few growls here or something breaking over there but the tension had started to grow. I came to two doors. I could hear something moving behind one of them and thought “right I’m not going in there,” so I went through the other door into an empty room bar a few cupboards, when I proceeded to search. Upon opening one of the cupboard doors a bunch of bones tumbled out. Scared the shit out of me. Not because what had happened was scary but because for a split second my mind saw it as a twisted mass of flesh trying to grab me. And that’s all the game does; it makes you scare yourself. There are loads of similar stories across the internet of people being scared of nothing in this game.

If you can let yourself go and be absorbed by it, it’s great. But until you get to that point it’s really not very interesting the puzzles are relatively simple and there’s not much to the story.

It won't be for everyone but it’s at least worth giving the demo a go anyway
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
asmega
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Sayril wrote:I wanted some morale support.. which I didn't get.. :p
hahaha

might give the demo a try when i get some time
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Sayril wrote:I wanted some morale support.. which I didn't get.. :p