Saved up few € for new Pc ...

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Saved up few € for new Pc ...

Time to build new pc from scratch.
After a short but usefull talk with Ion, i thought i d'better post it here before i buy something incompatible :P

EDIT :

- Intel Sandybrige Core i7 2600K - Processor Socket LGA 1155 - Frequency 3.4 Ghz - 8 Mo L3 - 95W - 32nm - Intel Turbo Boost - 255 €
- ASUS P8P67 PRO B3 - MotherBoard socket LGA 1155 - Chipset Intel P67 Express (Révision B3) - 4 slots DDR3 - PCI Express 16x - SATA II & III - 149 €
- Sapphire AMD Radeon HD6970 2Go GDDR5 - GPU 880MHz - Mémoire 2Go DDR5 - PCI Express 16x 2.0 - Dual-DVI-I / HDMI / Dual mini DP 298 €
- Corsair DDR3 8Go 1600MHz DDR3 Dual channel (2x4Go)1600MHz - DOMINATOR - CAS 9-9-9-24 - 89 €
- Advance Redboost 8918R 8918R 3 fans 39 €
- Corsair CMPSU-700G GS700 700W 75 €
- - Seagate 1To 32Mo 3.5' SATA 7200tr/min 49 €

Total : 954 € = £ 829.49

I am not sure that the HDD and 16GO Ram worth it...
Is the HDD important for gaming ? It is mainly to play BC3 and couple of 3D modeling softwares that are on a separate HDD.

:roll: EDIT :
- Changed the RAM to 2x4GB
- Changed HDD
Last edited by LuckyCombatPotato on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Saved up few € for new Pc ...

i would use a ram with a higher clock ... 1600 if the cpu and motherboard will work with it and i think 16 gb is too much. its not recommended to use every ram-slot. its better to use only 2 if you have 4 or 3 if you have 6.

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

shutteh wrote:i would use a ram with a higher clock ... 1600 if the cpu and motherboard will work with it and i think 16 gb is too much. its not recommended to use every ram-slot. its better to use only 2 if you have 4 or 3 if you have 6.
Changed to 12 GO 1600Mhz...Saved 10€ :)
Redddraggon
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Sandy Bridge is not Triple Channel so 3x4GB won't work right, you need Dual channel and 2x4GB should be sufficient anyway.
ionwg
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I agree with both shutty and dragons comments have you considered looking at the z68 chipset .
ionwg
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Also have a look at the corsair h50 /h80 coolers, both joker and i are use them. We are both overclocked at around 4.5 gigs with very stable and low temps.
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

oh yes ... spent some money for a good cooler ... i love my noctua :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Ok will do.

Thanks for the advices !!

Hope i will be able to play BC3 with high resolutions...
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Redddraggon wrote:Sandy Bridge is not Triple Channel so 3x4GB won't work right, you need Dual channel and 2x4GB should be sufficient anyway.
Edited : Changed to Dual channel and 2x4GB
Last edited by LuckyCombatPotato on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I might go for Air or water cooling then. I am waiting to get my case (tomorrow normally) to see if there will be an extra cut out in the case, where the back of the MB will be for the air cooling support.
Which, you think, is the best compromise :

Noctua NH-D14 - 70 €

Or

Corsair Hydro Series H80 - 87€

Or

Noctua NH-U9B SE2 50€

Or

Corsair Ventirad Air A70 - 41 €
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

ooooh i love my noctua! i use a top blow cooler cause of my case. it was not enough space inside for the NH-U12P :D

i think the NH-D14 is a good choice. Its expansive but I like the company. Normally you can buy a new Kit for the Cooler if you change your CPU Socket.
It normally it has enough cooling power for the next years ;)

maybe this link can help you:

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl ... ler%2F4%2F

its a good german cpu hardware testside.

LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

lol, if i read it correctly, the Noctua NH-D14 does not make a breeze, but a storm :mrgreen: cheers Shutty

Should receive the case today, to check if it is going inside (the noctua is really really massive)

Anyone tested the corsair water cooling ?
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

it makes a storm but its not loud like a storm :D
Maybe the Noctua NH-U9B SE2 is a little bit more quiet. it has 2 of the same cooler. but you can use both cooler in the ultra low noise mode and that should be fine.

i've read a news about corsair h80. looks like a system for overclocking and not a ultra silence system. Read someting about 1300 U/min in the silence mode and thats not really quiet. maybe they will test it in a few days.

LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

i....bought the corsair H100 :oops:
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

crazy shit :)