New Headset Opinions please ?

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: New Headset Opinions please ?

hmmm use an extension cable from the rear to the front and you can pull it in and out if you need it :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

Ah i was waiting for someone to think of that ! :idea:.............. :oops:
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

or do it like a boss :D

drill a hole in the front of the pc and insert something like this in it
http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/7341 ... 1&ref=list

braze your own cable on it (insert second end with a 3.5mm connector in your soundcard) and you has your own front jack :)

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... addTwoStar

Mixed reviews, but I picked up on this review below for two reasons - The negatives mentioned and the fact he still gets good use out of an 8 year old Plantronics headset (Build quality baby hehe). Still think the Plany's or the Sennheiser 151 is the way to go.
Disappointing, 14 Feb 2012
By
OllieUK - See all my reviews
This review is from: Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset 2.1 Stereo Sound (Accessory)
The sound quality is pretty good, good bass and good treble. I can hear footsteps through walls and all of the other audible give-aways in FPS games, but then again 99% of headsets these days can do that even without surround sound, my 8 year old plantronics headset can still do this. The ear cups for me are too small, they sit over the ear but the padding actually rests on the top and just on the lobe of my ear which isn't a biggy but it is kinda frustrating when you are used to over the ear headphones. Now the microphone... what a useless piece of junk. The noise cancelling DOES NOT WORK! Friends have said they can hear things on the TV from the other room and that music I am listening to at 10% volume can still be clearly heard. Even breathing with the mic in its most upright position can be heard and I am no asthmatic. The mute switch is also so small I am constantly looking down at the volume control to see where it is and use the very tip of a finger or finger nail to actuate it. Overall I wouldn't recommend these, a complete waste of 70 quid.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Sayril
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I like my headset, buy it!
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/turtle- ... le-1152384

Food for thought.

I'm with Gavac on the Plantronics after he recommended them to me a while back. Great sound and very comfy
Para
[OFc] Senior Admin
[OFc] Senior Admin
Location: now i am really, really Oot In't Sticks (Bonnie Scotland)

well after much thinking, agonising, testing various things at home on my rig and reading reviews & advice i have gone and ordered a set of Logitec G35's like Crappys 8O i decided that a headset with a 3.5mm jack connection was just too much hassle pissing about with driver settings on my rig every time i use it, and instead plumped for the convenience of USB instead ! :|

looking forward to testing them to see wot their like, will let you know how they sound, though i doubt they will improve my gameplay if Crappys anything to go by ! LoL :oops: :P
The Fail Cakes are on me !................
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Never believe a Belgian! USB will have the disadvantage of using your CPU for the sound processing, lets hope your rig is up to it. Otherwise, stuttery sound!
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
CrAp
Regular
Regular

never had problems with stuttery sound and i have one of the cheapest rigs with the BF3-OFc playing people.