Trees nearly End the Gavac!

Discuss anything.

Moderator: Administrator

Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Trees nearly End the Gavac!

I'll upload the video tomorrow, but tonight I very nearly bit the dust. Fekin winds were incredible, and I was dodging large branches all the way home fae work, and the odd small tree. At that point I was using the Tiguan 4x4 to navigate my way through and around these smaller obstacles. That was when I thought I saw movement to my right only slightly further up the road. Queue Full ABS emergency stop as a huge Fir tree crashed down right in front of the car!!

Now the hairy bit.

I decided to get out and survey the road to see if I could somehow pass. I found it hard to just open the door, and was faced by branches and twigs hurtling at my face. That was when I heard a horrific sound as the huge tree directly opposite the Tiguan split and crashed down across the road, inches from my rear bumper. I dived into the cab and buried my face into the passenger seat awaiting the inevitable!

Then a flash of sense.

30 seconds later, and not dead yet, it dawned on me if it hadn't happened by now, the longer I waited, the higher the chance the two huge trees remaining, which towered directly over the car, were going to crush it. I slammed her into reverse and aimed for the top of the tree behind the car. A couple of good smacks later I was off dodging logs and branches again while taking a detour to Ferness and over the Dava moor that way. No real damage to the car, and a trip to skid Marks & Spencer's for some new underwear is on the cards.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: Trees nearly End the Gavac!

ok, if you do go, can i have your new computer?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Can you wait till around June/July to die? then we can combine the 2013 meetup with your funeral.
Illegitimi non carborundum

MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Slarti I told you to chop the tree behind Gav's car 30 secs earlier and Schlack to chop the tree in front 30 secs Latter :roll:
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Everybody knows how to read between the line ? follow the red words only
Gavac220 wrote:
I decided to get out and survey the road to see if I could somehow pass. I found it hard to just open the door, and was faced by branches and twigs hurtling at my face. That was when I heard a horrific sound as the huge tree directly opposite the Tiguan split and (it) crashed down across the road, inches from my rear bumper. I dived into the cab and buried my face into the passenger seat awaiting the inevitable!

Then a flash of sense.

30 seconds later, and not dead yet, it dawned on me if it hadn't happened by now, the longer I waited, the higher the chance the two huge trees remaining, which towered directly over the car, were going to crush it. I slammed her into reverse and aimed for the top of the tree behind the car. A couple of good smacks later I was off dodging logs and branches again while taking a detour to Ferness and over the Dava moor that way. No real damage to the car, and a trip to skid Marks & Spencer's for some new underwear is on the cards.
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

LuckyCombatPotato wrote:Everybody knows how to read between the line ? follow the red words only
Gavac220 wrote:
I decided to get out and survey the road to see if I could somehow pass. I found it hard to just open the door, and was faced by branches and twigs hurtling at my face. That was when I heard a horrific sound as the huge tree directly opposite the Tiguan split and (it) crashed down across the road, inches from my rear bumper. I dived into the cab and buried my face into the passenger seat awaiting the inevitable!

Then a flash of sense.

Now that is just weird.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Sax
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

you should really see the video he screams like a girl :D
LK3da
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

the ad says : 4x4 nothing can stop you :o - c´mon run over the log :twisted:
CrAp
Regular
Regular

FFS peeps, the assasination of Gavac is fucked
ionwg
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Is your car ok.
Gavac220
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Here is the video:

http://s248.beta.photobucket.com/user/G ... c.mp4.html

I some how stay fairly calm, yet panic enough to face plant the passenger seat lol.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Gavac220 wrote:Here is the video:

http://s248.beta.photobucket.com/user/G ... c.mp4.html

I some how stay fairly calm, yet panic enough to face plant the passenger seat lol.

Im going to die, what will I do? what will i do? ...... take out my camera and record my death.

jesus
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
shutteh
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

is it country music in the background?! next time let the tree destroy your radio :)

but it's good to hear that you are save and nice to see your complete photobucket...

You see, my english is really bad. Pls feel free to send me the correct version of my sentences via pm :D
CrAp
Regular
Regular

be a bit more modern schlack. People intend to film everything in this digiworld, why not there own death. I will do it if i have get the chance... :wink:
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

If you look and listen carefully to the video to the scene of the fallen tree at the front you can just about see Schlack lurking in the background shouting "Shit Shit Shit I missed the F*cker"