[OFc] Clan Council

New phone reccomendations

Need a new one, any thoughts?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Re: New phone reccomendations

Depends on what you want to do with it! Watch movies, listen to music, photos or just make phone calls? How much do u want to spend?
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

The HTC One is supposed to be a beast.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
LK3da
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

i have the HTC one, very satisfied only the battery could be a bit better but all other specs are really good.
the main question will be witch size of display do you want and what fits you best.
based on this i made my decision, all above 4,9" is to big to handle easy in one hand and i dont want to use both hands to do simple tasks 8O
ionwg
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I like the freedom of android the compatibility of windows and the simplicity of Ios.

Personal choice rules ! Make your own mistakes!

Ion
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Android/Windows/ios phones are all good. But once you are used to one of them, the others seem less intuitive.
But as Yoda said, it all depends about what you want to do with it and how much you want to spend.

For what i think you want to do with your phone, i strongly suggest the Samsung Solid B2. They say it is unbreakable and waterproof. Please note its small size so it can fit in every tiny holes.

Now i don't think you need to take a sim-card with it for what you want to do with it... lol
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

ionwg wrote:I like the freedom of android the compatibility of windows and the simplicity of Ios.

Ion
thats a great fucking help!
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
MegaYoda
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Schlack wrote:
ionwg wrote:I like the freedom of android the compatibility of windows and the simplicity of Ios.

Ion
thats a great fucking help!

If your no good with fiddly things and cant be arsed to set up a phone the way you like it then go for ios or windows. If you want full control over everything and have plenty of time setting things up and changing things then Android.

Like LK says any screen bigger than 4.7 inches is too much to handle with one hand comfortably (phones you nob heads before you start the wise cracks!!)

If you travel abroad alot then I would strongly suggest getting a Dual Sim phone, most mobile phone companies have a line of Dual sim models available now like the HTC One dual sim http://www.htc.com/uk/go/htc-one-dual-sim/
Samsung Galaxy S4 dual sim http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... s-5927.php, Nokia XL etc
Only Apple dont sell Dual Sim phones

Now if you want a cheap but up to date phone with all the bells and whistles then Chinese clone phones are pretty good now a days, check out the reviews on Amazon. Example of a clone of a samsung galaxy S4 for under £100 http://www.amazon.co.uk/BW%C2%AE-Star-S ... smartphone

If you've got loads of cash and dont mind spending between £400-600 on a phone then the Samsung Galaxy S5 is out soon as is the Apple Iphone 6
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I would add that if you are going to corner of the earth without relay covers, you can buy a sattelite phone, they are a bit expensive, but you ll always be connected:Image

If your eyes start to fail or if you have Alzheimer and your hand are shaking like fuck, i would advise the new motorola :
Dannyf
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I actually just recently bought the new motorola (moto g) Potato, although it doesn't quite match the photo you gave!!

It's a nice phone but doesn't allow any external storage (no SD cards) and isn't 4G compatable.

However, I don't particularly need either of those since I'm still pay-as-you-go and not bill-pay, so the moto g was perfect for me!
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Dannyf wrote:I actually just recently bought the new motorola (moto g) Potato, although it doesn't quite match the photo you gave!!
Might have read an old review on the internet here, sorry :)
Nemes1s
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I like my iPhone it's easy to use my only experience with android is on my galaxy tab 3 not quite as simple as iOS but not had any problems with it would consider looking at the new galaxy phone when it comes out

I know a few people that have gone for the Xperia z1 they say its a good phone
But the sheer size of it puts me off it may be waterproof but the guy at my work is on his second phone as he has smashed his first and now has cracked the back of his new one and given its size putting a rugged case on it would just make it a ridiculous my I phone has a rugged rubber case and is still smaller and Iv dropped it on concrete from chest hight and it's all fine
Though I think they hav a small version also but don't actually know much about that one
BATTLE ROYALE
CAN U KILL YOUR BEST FRIEND

CrAp
Regular
Regular

LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Schlak, do you want your phone to be able to make secure calls such as no litening calls from the NSA ?
LuckyCombatPotato
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I am pretty sure that Schlacky boy has now a clear view on what's availlable on the market nowadays.