Elite-Dangerous

Chat about games on any platform of interest from golden oldies to future releases

Moderator: Administrator

bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: Elite-Dangerous

I am fucking golden in E:D now, with a couple of hundred grand and a maxed-out Hauler (I could replace it with a Cobra III now, maybe I'll do that in the last few days of the current beta.) The first day in a Sidewinder haulng 4 tons at a time for a 600 credit profit was a slow road. I'm the docking maestro but my combat isn't that good. As there is fuck-all documentation it's a bit of a learning curve finding out what everything actually does, but once you've done the buy-launch-hyperdrive-supercruise-permision-dock-sell successfully you get a chance to step back and look at the game more.

I'm actually really impressed with the game - it definitely nails my "Space Opera" graphics award, and I think the sounds are intelligently designed also (I've turned off the music during hypercruise/supercruise/normal flight so it only turns up for special occasions...)

I'm using Slopey's Best Profit Calculator to assist with the market planning, and have a profitable route Styx [Indium] -> I Bootis (+15K) [Tea] -> Aulin (+8K) [Progen Cells] -> Styx (+11K) for a ~35K round trip.

I'm meeting real-player pirates/psychopaths at the Aulin hyperdrive navpoint though but have been quite successful learning how to watch the radar and head away from them, and win the 'fight the interdiction' battle maybe 3 out of 4 times. Luckily my profit route only has maybe 20K's worth of tea in the cargo when I arrive at Aulin so losing the pirate battle there isn't much of a drama - it'd hurt more with 90K's worth of Indium. When I lost my first newly upgrade Hauler I was decimated but now I've got credits in the bank it doesn't really matter.

All in all I think I've had my money's worth even though it's just a beta - I quite fancy upgrading to a Cobra III and pimping it out.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

beta 3.9 is due out today.... there will be a full wipe, buh bye hauler!

gamme is due out 22nd and there will be another wipe then, but devs have said no further wipes unless there is something gamebreaking.

apparently 3.9 will have far better grouping mechanics - fancy a bit of coop bams?
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

newsletter 50 was released yesterday

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dcb ... 9a1d038&e=

beta 3.9 hasnt dropped yet!
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I'm up for coop - not sure what that'll involve though - how to stay together if one is interdicked?

3.9 has more serious bugs than 3.05 for me - new lag in the stations, broken landing pads, and the 'docking refused' queue outside mission stations is a pain. Rest of game is ok. Gamma tonight anyway.
Talisman
Newcomer
Newcomer

I usually back this game on Kickstart and it works.

samsung galaxy trend lite schutzhülle
Last edited by Talisman on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Looks like this wont be properly multi-player until March at the earliest.

Beta testing of some co-op and muilitplayer features in early Feb and "wings" update in March.