Datso

For reporting problem players in the servers and appealing if you've been banned unfairly

Moderator: Administrator

datso89
Newcomer
Newcomer

Datso

Hey guys,

I was recently banned from your server, it happened a few days ago.

I was just wondering what the reason was, because as far as i know i did nothing wrong but maybe i did something to annoy the admins?

I was playing on office and right as the map was about to change to something else a message appeared saying "kicked and banned". I'm unsure who the admin was, but i suspect it was die doggy die, as someone named "die slarti die" was in spectate for a while before i was banned. it seems as though a few members had variations of their own name and slartibartfasts name at the time.

I dont really play all that often but when i do it's almost always on your server, because let's face it, the quality of servers these days is pretty poor and yours is the best i've seen.

I just hope i haven't done anything terribly wrong here and that it could be overturned, if not then thanks for your time :)

Datso
IXL
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council
Location: WEDS : GRID, THURS : D.O.D : SOURCE, FRI : C/STRIKE SOURCE, SAT/SUN : BATTLEFIELD 2

Re: Datso

I wasnt there myself, but could you be a bit more specific on when it was ( date and time approx) ? Im sure it could be looked into further then.
Die_Doggy_Die
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Seeing as I don't have admin rights I can assure you it wasn't me. Someone will look into this and get back to you
I play the game for the game's own sake.
Highwaywarrior
Regular
Regular

Hmmmm.... the fact that you have been able to post in the forum puzzles me given that I suspended your account when we had our last security breach of the forum. As for the server ban I wasn't there and know nothing about it. I would hope that the admin concerned would have posted something in the "banned" section of the forum to explain this. I'm sure that we'll have an answer soon enough.

HW
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
datso89
Newcomer
Newcomer

Thanks for the replies guys.

Highway warrior i created a new account when my old one was suspended. I hope that it's not a problem i'm back on the forum?

as for when it was that this happened, i'm not entirely sure but i think it was wednesday last week give or take a day. sorry i can't be more clear.

anyway, i'll leave it in your hands and wait for an answer. any more information you need just let me know and i'll see if i can help :)

Datso
Highwaywarrior
Regular
Regular

datso89 wrote:Highway warrior i created a new account when my old one was suspended. I hope that it's not a problem
8O
:roll:
:?
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

I only cut her head off, I hope thats not a problem......

I only gave you herpes, i hope thats not a problem.....
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Slartibartfast
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Seems it was me that banned you but I forgot to post . Ban will be reviewed in the next few days.
Illegitimi non carborundum

DeathPony
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

bullet - you owe me a new monitor!! :/

yeah, you havent really done yourself any favours there by evading the ban

datso89
Newcomer
Newcomer

Bullet wrote: Wait.. you evaded a ban ?

so.. er.. why should we believe you haven't cheated ?
i didn't intentionally "evade" the ban, i noticed i was banned from the forum and that the next time i looked at the forum it was completely changed. i had thought that maybe all the accounts were deleted due to the forum being changed. I wasn't sure, so i tried making a new account. my thought was that if i was welcome back i would be accepted, if not, then i wouldn't.

I'm sorry if i'm not welcome on here, and if you don't want me on the forum i won't come back. I just hope you will still review my ban, as like i said, i love your server and would be dissapointed if i wasn't welcome back for whatever reason it was.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Datso
spike
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

im gobsmaked you knew your accout was banned then you joined again.. you was banned from the servers for cheating oh my god youve got more front than harrods.. now close the door on your way out and put the key back through the letter box... good buy
women cant live with them.....cant live without then .....
datso89
Newcomer
Newcomer

Hi again,

I understand the admins here must be very busy running this community but is there any word on my ban being reviewed yet?

Thanks
Datso
Stueh
Regular
Regular

6 days dude... give them a fecking chance
bambam
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

D@tso you were booted off the server because an admin who was online at the time saw you do a sequence of lucky kills and you had a high score that appeared, in fairness, out of whack with the skill level you seemed to be playing at. I hope you understand the ban was necessary to keep the OFc server the level playing field we all enjoy. The admin did the right thing you'd expect of OFc and had accumulated a demo of your gameplay which we had a good look at and came to the consensus that the couple of 'miracle' kills in the demo could be explained by luck (lol not skill, no offence). Also a couple of OFc members you've played with put in a good word for you. So we've agreed the ban will be lifted and it's just the mechanics of getting it sorted - please bear with us. The forum account snafu was understandable given we just switched bulletin boards at the time so relax about that but I'm sure you can understandthe sensitivity because most players we ban are straightforward hacking cnuts.

Bambam