CS:S Launch options

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

Highwaywarrior
Regular
Regular

CS:S Launch options

Just had this site brought to my attention.

http://www.fireon-clan.com/launchoptions.html

As with everything I am cautious about stuff like this but would be interested in any feedback.

HW
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Mseries3
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

Re: CS:S Launch options

Link wrote:-dxlevel: Sets the DirectX level Source runs in.

You may find that setting this value lower than what your card can actually support to yield a performance increase. For example, a DirectX 9 card may run significantly faster in DirectX 8. Below is the recommended usage:

-dxlevel 90 for DirectX 9
-dxlevel 81 for DirectX 8.1
-dxlevel 80 for DirectX 8
-dxlevel 70 for DirectX 7
-dxlevel 95 for DirectX 10 cards
That CAN be used to fiddle with smoke i.e Seeing through it.

Apart from that i can't see anything wrong with it.
JohnMcClane

-dxlevel 70 for DirectX 7
That can be used to make smoke invisible.
ZBlock stops people who have a DX level lower than 8. Might be worth putting on.

I use -windowed, -noboarder to make it alt+tab quicker.
Stueh
Regular
Regular

The link is below:

http://zblock.cs-resourced.net/

It also prevents alot of over things as well.

ZBlock.cs-resourced.net wrote:zBlock was first developed as an addition to the "CSP" server plugin, at this time VALVe had accidentally let a convariable slip that would allow players to "wallhack".

"CSP" (CAL Server Plugin) was a server plugin that enforced certain convariables that could either be exploited or created an unbalanced/unfair playing field.

Another feature of zBlock was to make CSP more difficult to bypass, however not too long after the original release, we determined that we could much more efficiently incoorporate CSP's functionality into zBlock- than to protect CSP's features from the outside. After which zBlock became the stand alone plugin we know today.

zBlock is now one of the most used CS Source server plugins all around the world, enforced in leagues like EnemyDown, ESL, Clanbase, OGL, CAL and CEVO, it's become a plugin you can't imagine CS Source without any more.
Its latest update makes the plugin self-updating and prevents a DOS attack and other numerous fixes which prevent players crashing a server :)