New Gaming Mouse + Keyboard

Post in here if you're having problems with any hardware\software (not just PC related) or you want some advice on either.

Moderator: Administrator

smithster
Regular
Regular

New Gaming Mouse + Keyboard

right then im off to buy a new mouse and been looking at a few but i think ive come to a decision and just want some input form u lot to tell me otherwise!!

im thinking im gonna get the logitech G9x (upgraded lazer from the G9 to 5000dpi, but otherwise the same)

ive had a razer copperhead since it came out so time to upgrade.

what i want is some views from someone who has maybe had a razer and moved to the current G9 (coz i dont htink the g9x is out in uk yet unless you know where i can get one!! Please tell me!)

after rading some reviews i keep coming across statements saying that the razers ambidex design is not that comfortable and i think i can see why now, the g9 looks a lot more comfy!

anyway, thanks in advance for ya helpfull info!
Last edited by smithster on Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gavac220

Re: New Gaming Mouse

Good luck with the purchase, and I'll watch this closely. I am planning an upgrade to my G7 soon, and I have to say, another Logitech 'G' series mouse is the only way I'll go. Fantastic kit.
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Im also planning an upgrade for my current model, the always fantastic Shi-tec Crappehmaus.

will be interested to hear how you get on.
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
Stueh
Regular
Regular

Personally,
I moved away from logitech to razer. Safe to say I shall never go back to logitech. I love my razer lachesis. so deadly accurate, from 800 - 4000 dpi. Never skips a pixel. Plus it has a glowing razer on the top of the mouse :P what more can you want?
smithster
Regular
Regular

but the new g9x has a pretty impressive 5000 dpi which is more than the lachesis's 4000.

now im a slight impulse buyer so i was out looking for the g9x today. its not out in UK yet so thats stopped me and allowed me to take another look at things,

im now checking out the Razer Mamba, looks nice and all that but im looking for comfort and quality now, looks are just a binus.

The mamba is wireless but after reading plenty of reviews the Mamba is looking pretty strong as it uses a 2.4ghz connection and after many tech testers have played around with it they can see no difference between the wire and wireless.

now i have the question, what is more comfy, the logitech g9x, which is right handed or the Mamba which is ambidex like all razers?

i cant decide :evil:
Stueh
Regular
Regular

smithy,

id advise looking again at the mouse guide i posted about a month or so ago (if its still here). Work out what dpi you need from that and all will revealed :) whats the point in having 5000dpi if your only gonna use 600?? I dont use all 4000dpi its way to fast/slow (cant remember which).

And the razer mice are just plain awesome.
smithster
Regular
Regular

tbh, the dpi isnt that a big issue to me as i currently have 2000 and its fine so anything above that i can see being fine aswell. its more the comfort, im used to the rtazer i have now but the g9 looks pretty comfy so i dunno?
MudShark
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

Razer for me - I have a Lachesis and I must admit I don't use the 4000dpi - use 2000. But comfort wins for me because I'm left handed.
---------------------------------------
Life is a Terminal Disease

Muddy
Schlack
[OFc] Clan Council
[OFc] Clan Council

left handed?

a sure sign of possession by the devil. We'll bring some Irish nuns to the meetup, they'll soon knock the devil out of ye.
"It takes a brave man not to be a hero in the Red Army". - Joseph Stalin
smithster
Regular
Regular

i cant see myself needing above 5000 so i know in my head im just being "want the best". the mamba and its 56000000 dpi is just sille for £120.

i think im gonna go and get the G9 (same as g9x except 3600 dpi not 5000) and if you guys are saying u need to turn down your 4000 then 36000 should be fine.

i do like the razers but ive had the copperhead for 4 years almost now so fell like i want to try something new, if its shite i can always return it and get a razer :)

at least i will be able to give you lot a view from both sides. im not a brand guy so razer, logitech makes no odds, its the comfort and quality of gameplay i want so ill let you know after tonight, (if i manage to get me hands on the G9, yoyotech.co.uk, 1 left in stock!! 10 mins down the road, im off to grab it!)
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

I have a G9. I saw somewhere that your a leftie? if so, this isnt happening. its shaped for your right only. also, if you have huge hands its not reccommended. but if your hand s right, and normal sized, I couldnt reccommend another mouse. its got gizillions of buttons, the DPI, I dont even set that high, but its nice to be able to flick between them for the likes of snipers, or for knife fights or ust for mucking around, eve in between games. the weight thing is handy too, I thought you wouldnt notice a difference, but mine is set at the lightest because I got pains in my wrist from it being too heavy. It also matches my G15 keyboard..... :D
I woudl reccommend geting a decent mousemat too though, it helps more than I thoguth it would.
smithster
Regular
Regular

well afetr anight with the old G9 im still getting used to it.

Remember ive been using another mouse with quite a different shape for 4 years so i gotta give myself a few days to get used to it i suppose. Mainly just the distance to the scroll, not bad point, im just saying my fingers used to automatically going to a certain spot so it just feels different but that was going by the end of the night. i still played css fairly well.

tbh i think if you already have a logitech then upgrading wil be easier for you, its just coz im come from a razer which is quite a different shape.

away from all that the mouse is very nice indeed, i havent installed any of the logitech set point coz i dont think ill need it, but if u install it u can change the colour of the led for different profiles, save profiles on to the mouse so you could then uninstall the software and still keep your profiles which is quite cool. glides nicer than my razer across my mouse pad (which is a solid gaming mat) but rememeber my copperhead is 4 years old. buttins are in nice position. while im on this, what do u lot use other buttings on your mouse for? ive only ever used the 2 main buttons and scroll.?

ive got the dpi cranked right up so ive turned the sensitivity down in css which again im gonn ahave to get used to.

gimmie a week to become fully used to it and then we'll see more.
groinshot
[OFc] Member
[OFc] Member

The setpoint is handy for setting the profiles up, but its a pain to update, cos xfire keeps telling me to update it. i use the xtra buttons for reload, voice, teamspeak and quick weapon switch (your mosue wheel goes sideways too, not sure if you can use them without setpoint though)
smithster
Regular
Regular

see, im so used to using scroll to go through my weapons, i wish i was used to hitting the number keys so i know what gun im getting coz countless times ive needed to switch pretty dam quick and i end up pulling out a flashbang to try and fight a guy with a ak47! not really gonna win with that now am i :(